Monday, April 23, 2012

Barack and Baptism

I have to admit the other day when I saw this on Tumblr before I accidentally deleted my account and was told I lost everything by their wonderful technical service department - I had to laugh out loud. 

When you tell someone you are Mormon they automatically assume you are a card carrying member of the Mitt Romney campaign team. In fact I had an experience like this in the grocery store about a month back. I was talking with an acquaintance I mainly know from PTA at school. 

Because the contents of our shopping cart's weren't an interesting enough conversation she asked about the election. Mitt is coming to the area, are you going to go? 

No, I have no interest. 

The look of embarrassment on her face was so funny I almost felt bad for her. 

I love that Mitt is Mormon, I just don't like Mitt. 

No one particular reason, just a culmination of all the years he has been involved in politics. The only aspect I have ever approved of was his stance on universal health care in Massachusetts which he has continued to back-peddle on in an effort to keep the extreme conservatives happy.

It would be amazing if Barack got baptized. 

Nothing would make me happier than a Mormon President. Just not Mitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment