Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY: Cleaning Your Baking Sheets!

My baking sheets have gotten really gross since I started using them a couple years ago. Understandable since it seems like I am not the only one on the internet with this problem. No matter how many times I scrub them I have the same crusty burnt looking cookware.

I have gone out and bought new sheets but after talking with a couple women in my ward about cleaning them. Typical Sunday Relief Society conversations and all. Baking soda and peroxide is the trick apparently.

I decided to put it to the test today.
After getting the oldest kids out the door to school I tossed the baby into her high chair and entertained her with her favorite finger foods while I mixed the 1/4 cup of baking soda with just a couple drops of peroxide together. You want your paste to look like this.

The first time I made it I put a little too much peroxide in it but the second time around I got the perfect consistency. You want it to be a thicker paste.

This is the before of the tray. Gross right? I frequently use tin foil on my baking sheets. The next step in the process is rubbing the paste all over the and scrubbing it in. Like really scrubbing. I used a brush although the baking soda can get stuck between the bristles.

Give it a good scrub. I scrubbed so good that I landed myself with a tender hand but I meant business. I scrubbed the crapola out of them!  And the end result I was much happier with than I thought I would have been.

There are still some spots that need to be scrubbed out but honestly I am overjoyed that this made such a difference.
Almost like new! I am certain that one more round and these will be completely like new!

Just another day being The Liberal Mormon Mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment