Friday, April 27, 2012

In the Office Friday

One day a week I step away from my motherly duties and leave the house to work. We own our own business and I try and be a role there as I used to be.

We have a nanny that comes in and helps for the day. She takes care of our youngest child so I don't have to worry about a daycare program and also cleans. CLEANS! I swear some days she is an absolute Saint to help us in the capacity she does.

I am ok with keeping up with our daily laundry, dishes and vacuuming. But with the kids and everything else I have going on I feel like major cleaning is often neglected.


The job of being a wife and mother is so much harder than any 9-5 career I had before children. I am grateful I can be a stay-at-home-mom at least four days out of the week for my children. I truly feel like it is the best option for our family.

I wish that today more mothers were able to benefit from this luxury. Not saying there aren't women out there who choose to work and enjoy it. But even within my ward at church there are mothers who would do anything to be able to be home with their children but simply cannot afford it.

Maybe society would be better off in the long run if the youth had more hands on parents? 

I don't know. I could go on, but in the end we are all just trying to do our best.

Next week I am going to dish out what I think about that MTV show Teen Mom and teen mothers in general. That should be fun right?

No comments:

Post a Comment