Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Study Concludes "Christian Right" are Still Idiots

In a stunning new survey of the Christian Right in America, it shows that Jews are more favorable to Mormons and Muslims to these so called Christian Right Wing idiots.

The problem with this study and statement as a complete whole is the little missing piece of information that Mormon's are in fact Christians. Christians that don't know other Christians when they see them. What a freaking thought!

What bothers me is the ignorance of the general American population when it comes to my religion. I believe in Jesus Christ. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Therefore I am a Christian.

I believe in the Bible. I believe in virtually everything your run of the mill Christian believes in. But of course because we use a different name with our church and identify as Mormons we are surely from another planet and not followers of Christ.

I am actually sure there is a large percent of the Christian Right who thinks Mormons follow that nut-case Warren Jeffs criminal and have half a dozen wives. In fact it is a sad day in America when polygamy is still directly linked to a church which has nothing to do with it.

I have been asked before if I am a sister wife. I am not kidding at all. No, my husband does not have other wives nor would he even if he was to choose to be baptized Mormon.

I am sure this is not going to be the end of ignorance with the election though. Because now we have a Mormon and a Muslim running. Totally being sarcastic on that one!

I just don't have much tolerance left for people who don't practice the Christian values they are continually peaching.


1 comment:

  1. I can sort of understand your frustration about this, and I'm sorry that you have to deal with it. I had a friend say to me recently "even though you're not Christian..." and I thought..am I not? I mean, I don't identify with any particular brand of Christianity, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in something. People are stupid. If they can't figure out that our president was born in America to an American and thus is American, and that he attends a church and not mosque and therefor is not Muslim you can't expect them to understand that Mormons are every bit as Christian as Catholics and Baptists and Lutherans and Prebysterians and whatever else. I mean..you have two O's in your title!!? ;)

    ReplyDelete